Classroom Art focuses on directed skill-development in drawing, painting, and printmaking while encouraging students to experiment with their own techniques and ideas. The activities use simple materials and techniques.
The book contains 80 pages and includes the following support for the teacher:
– step-by-step pictorial instructions
– ideas for inspiring students
– examples of finished artwork
– response questions for student analysis and appraisal
– variations to provoke invention upon each activity
– cross-curricular activities
– display suggestions
The book can be used by any teacher, regardless of training, to encourage imagination, stimulate the ability to solve problems, and develop students’ ability to work within set parameters.